Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Favorite Muffin Recipe






Don't those look yummy!

I wish I could tell you that both Jaycen and I wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed in the mornings, but that would be a lie. Neither one of us are morning people (total understatment!). And neither one of us is much for breakfast either.

I like for him to eat breakfast in the mornings, a rarity.

The problem is, unless it's something totally simple like his favorite a Pop Tart he will not eat it. Many a morning I wasted my time heating up pancakes.... Well, I learned my lesson. And on a Sunday night, it's easy enough to make a large batch of these muffins and freeze most of them. You can tailor them to your liking, add whatever you like. I did chocolate chip (I know not the healthiest) but it'll get him back in the habit of eating breakfast a little easier.

Here is a base recipe (found in The Tightwad Gazette)

- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt

That's it! Just mix it all together and bake for 20 minutes at 425. 

Ideas for add in's include:
  • Raisins
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Cinammon and Walnuts
  • Cranberries (or Craisins)
You can totally customize these! That is the beauty of this recipe. And there is no High Fructose Corn Syrup or artificial ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!