I have a ton of coffee filters I bought over the Summer for the pure reason as they made me money as overage on a coupon at the Commissary. We have a reusable filter in our coffee pot (and if you don't I highly recommend one!). I looked at them the other day, and decided to use some dye we have from our handmade tie dyes on them. I had no idea what I was going to use them for, but hey not risking any money, why not?
Well, I found out what I would use them for, when I spotted a foam wreath form at Dollar Tree! Of course, I hopped on Pinterest to see just how I might go about this. I found so many tutorials that I was able to "wing it" in my own way!
For the first step, I decided to use some leftover ruffle yarn I had from a scarf project, and wrap it around the form. I wasn't sure how the foam would hold up to constant use of my hot glue gun, so I wanted a barrier.
After that was secured, I tied a loop of the yarn, so I would be able to hang the wreath.
From there on all I did was fold the filters in quarters, pinch the bottoms, and fluff them up a bit to give an almost flower effect. I did a bunch at a time.
I then put a small dab of hot glue on the pinched end and pressed the filter onto the form. Put A LOT of them in there to give a full effect!
You can see here how it looked halfway through:
And the finished product:
This was such a fun project! And I was able to finish it (other than the drying time for the dye) in about 1 hour.