Friday, April 14, 2017

How Have I Not Read Dune Before This?

DuneDune by Frank Herbert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For years I would look at this book, read the back and think, hmm not really my thing. I finally figured it was pulling at me for a reason and I could at least give it a try.

I am so glad I did! The book drew me in by page 20. Fully engulfed. This was such an incredible read. Herbert is a master here.

A little of the story: The Atreides' are a ruling class called off their own planet with its comforts, to the almost seemingly inhabitable Arrakis. The move is totally political and things are not what they appear to be.

The story follows young Paul, from age 15 and a Duke's son, living in the Duke's manor with both his Mother and Father, to him living among the sand people known as Fremon, where they believe he is the fulfillment of a prophecy. There are wars, deceits, amazing portraits of bravery; and so many other intimate human triumphs and heartache along the way to an ultimate realization that Paul and those around him must face.

I would recommend this book wholeheartedly to anyone over the age of 14.


Have you ever put off a book as one you thought you would not enjoy, only to love it?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!